Inhale…Exhale Love Yoga Practice!
The practice of yoga and meditation provides me with the inner strength to face the struggles, to navigate uncharted territories with grace, and to love with an open mind and heart. The simple movements below are a few of the yoga postures I use to release tension, physically ground, emotionally soften, and they provide me with the optimal level of mental stability and clarity when combined with conscious breathing.
While doing these postures, I invite you to inhale and exhale COMPASSION, FORGIVENESS, UNDERSTANDING and LOVE! Hold each posture for 10-20 breaths, move mindfully, and don’t rush.
1. Seated Side Body Stretch: Crossing the legs maintains flexibility in the hip and knee joints, releases tension in the hips, and grounds the body. At the same time, the side stretch improves flexibility in the spine and opens the side body.
2. Child’s Pose: One of my favorite postures, child’s pose is perfect for stretching the lower back, hips, and ankles. As you soften the heart to the earth, you are able to calm the mind and relieve stress.
3. Reclined Pigeon Pose: Our hips hold just as much tension and stress as our neck and shoulders. Doing this modified version on the back stretches the hips, groins, soaps, and massages the abdominal organs. All of this helps in removing physical blockages, which creates fluidity and openness.
4. Seated Spinal Twist: Spinal twisting always soothes the back, shoulders, hips and neck. An added benefit is that it stimulates the digestive fire in the belly which can help in purifying the mind and eliminating negative thoughts.
5. Seated Crossed-legs/Meditation: It doesn’t matter if you have 2 or 20 minutes, take time to breathe deeply, feel your heart beat, and exhale love. Sitting still for a few moments each day naturally re-calibrates the mind and body, and sets the foundation for LOVE!
Practice these postures that will help you decompress, breathe and relax.